Sydnee, Lizzi, Ashley, Michael

Monday, September 5, 2011

Sherlock Holmes and Outer Darkness...

Though this memory will forever give me nightmares, Im sure it will bring great laughter to you all, so I shall proceed to write about it. But if I start virtually hyperventilating and reaching out for something plushy, its not my fault...Anyhow...Me and my three partners in crime, being the studious children that we are, decided to go listen to a debate in the capital...for extra credit, of course. (What? Did you think that we would willingly put ourselves through that torture for no reason!? Ya right! I'd rather have all the happiness sucked out of my life by a Dementor... and then Harry will save me and then we'll get married and take over Hogwarts and-oops, can't share that with you, or it will defeat the purpose of having a journal...so...awkward...I'll continue with the story...) We suffered through the debate and proceeded to exit the building.  Now, picture this action: an EXTREMELY creepy old man with like, two teeth and some crazy eyes dressed up as Sherlock Holmes! I was expecting to see Watson show up any second. So we see this man enthusiastically chatting with some very bewildered people, and pick up our pace, trying to get out of there without runnin' into the crazy. My mother always told me she had eyes in the back of her head, and I don't think that was a joke, because that man had to have spyed us with his! He whipped around and approached us demanding to know what we were doing in there. The poor chaps he had previously been talking to saw him distracted and quickly escaped, and we would have as well except, Michael (who is OOBER friendly and loves all of God's children...no mad how odd...and ..ahem...eccentric they may seem) greeted him and engaged us in reluctant conversation.  This is how the conversation went(no joke) : The creepy man started ranting about government, then lecturing us about history, then somehow turned it into women's rights, then out of nowhere "shabammed" us into religion!! He whips out a Geneva Bible and waves it in our faces saying that, "that King James doesn't know what he's talking about!!" Then, Ashley, who must have been reading all our minds that day faced his two teeth and crazy eyes and said, : Listen! Were Mormons and aren't interested in hearing anymore about your religion, plus, it's really cold out here, so were going to go now!" (Ashley, please correct me if I botched that up!) We quickly turned and started hastily walking away, congratulating Ashley as we went.  As we were walking away we heard the following message : " YOU"LL BE WARMER IN OUTER DARKNESS!!!!".....and then: "God Bless!"  Now, I don't know about you, but that was a pretty traumitizing experience. Everytime I watch Sherlock Holmes I shudder! But anywho, I hoped you got a kick out of it because we sure did, and if I ever see that man I'm going to march right up to him, look him right in the crazy eyes and say: "See ya in outer darkness sherlock! Don't forget your swimming suit!...oh wait! Scratch that, I DO NOT want to see that man in spedo's....and with that unpleasant vision in mind, I bid you farewell...
Awkwardly,
Sydnee...

No comments:

Post a Comment